Teen, 16, Suffered Third-Degree Burns After Lice Shampoo Caught Fire

Teen, 16, Suffered Third-Degree Burns After Lice Shampoo Caught Fire

In a bid to get rid of them, she applied 'Full Marks Solution', a medicated shampoo to her hair, shortly after which she went into the kitchen where her mum was cooking. Aleema, who was 12 at the time, was rushed to the hospital where she was placed in intensive care and put into a coma for the next two months. Looking back at that horrifying incident, Aleema, now 16, said: "I went to the kitchen to get to the bin and whilst I was walking past, my hair caught fire as the medicine was extremely flammable. "I panicked and went to a state of shock and the only thing I could think was, 'I'm going to die'. "I was in a coma for two months so there was no immediate reaction. They slowly built up the amount of time I was awake." "I've had hundreds of surgeries before and will hopefully have more in the future. "Every single member of the NHS has been so supportive from the hospitals I've been to, including Birmingham children's hospital, Sheffield children's hospital, and Pinderfields. "Internally, I am completely fine. I was also told my hair wouldn't grow back but miraculously it has. I can still lead a completely normal life. I can drive and do everyday activities." Despite everything she has been through, Aleema has used it as a source of strength and she feels more confident that she was before. "In a way, I am now glad this happened," she ...
More on: www.ladbible.com