Simon Property Group Reopens Malls in San Diego
Simon Property Group announced that Fashion Valley Mall, Carlsbad Premium Outlets, and Las Americas Premium Outlets reopened Saturday with some restrictions.
The malls have been closed for months due to the coronavirus pandemic, but after the state granted San Diego County permission to move into Phase 2 of its reopening plan, shopping centers have resumed in-store shopping.
"The health, safety, and well-being of those we serve will always be our highest priority, and we have developed a thorough and detailed set of protocols highlighting the exceptional measures we’ve implemented to safeguard shoppers, retailers, and employees as we reopen,” said John Rulli, President of Simon.
The following safety protocols have taken place at each location:
• Enhanced sanitization and disinfecting using the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) approved products with an emphasis on high-traffic locations such as dining areas, restrooms, escalators, stairs, directories, trash bins, and doorknobs.
• Shopper safeguards that include making available protective masks, sanitizing wipes and temperature testing at entrances or property offices, as well as the encouragement of pre-visit health screenings to ensure shoppers stay home if they have exhibited COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms within 72 hours.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be deployed throughout the properties.
• Signage promoting CDC guidelines for maintaining personal hygiene will be prominently displayed throughout the properties.
• Pre-emptive employee health screening to ensure that employees do not arrive at work within 72 hours of exhibiting COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
• Employee safety protections including implementing the CDC’s COVID-19 frequent hand-washing protocols, and offering personal protective equipment in addition to ...
More on: www.nbcsandiego.com