Second Deputy Shot in Compton Goes Home From Hospital

Second Deputy Shot in Compton Goes Home From Hospital

The female deputy who was shot in Compton Sept. 12 has been released from a hospital, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Monday. The male deputy was released from a hospital on Wednesday. "They both have a long road to recovery and LASD appreciates your continued prayers and all the support,'' according to a tweet from the sheriff's department. The search for the gunman continued Monday after the two deputies were shot as they sat in their parked patrol SUV at a rail station in Compton last Saturday. No suspects have been identified in the attack, which occurred at 7 p.m. Sept. 12 at the Metro Blue Line station at Willowbrook Avenue and Palmer Street. Surveillance video shows the suspect approaching the patrol vehicle from behind, walking up to the passenger side of the vehicle, pulling out a handgun and firing through the passenger side window. The gunman is then seen running away. Investigators continue to look into the shooting of two deputies in Compton, while the community prompts Sheriff Alex Villanueva to resign. John Cádiz Klemack reports for NBC LA at 4p.m. Monday Sept. 21, 2020. A 24-year-old male sheriff's deputy who was injured in the ambush was released from St. Francis Medical Center and will be going to a long-term care facility, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said. “He has a long road ahead for recovery. But he's not alone. We, as a community, are in this together,” Villanueva said earlier this week. “We're trying to see ...
More on: www.nbclosangeles.com