'Rocket League' Update 1.79 Adds EGS Account Link & UI Tweaks - Patch Notes
Rocket League update 1.79 has arrived ahead of the game's free-to-play launch on September 23. The multi-gigabyte patch doesn't completely overhaul gameplay systems and instead works to funnel players toward a unified Epic Games Store account that houses all your progress. Read the full details below courtesy of an official Psyonix blog post.
• Epic Games Account Linking and Cross-Platform Progression are now available
• Nintendo Switch Online is no longer required to play Rocket League online
• Check out all of the Menu and UI changes!
• Added a new Vehicle Preset based on the Merc car
• You can now link each platform you play Rocket League to a single Epic Games Account to share progression, inventory, Rocket Pass progress, Competitive Rank, and more everywhere you play
• For progression data, you will select a Primary Platform to progress everywhere. If you're Level 1000 and Champion II on PC, and Level 500 and Diamond III on your console, you'll want to pick your PC profile as your Primary
• We strongly recommend you link every account you play at the same time so you can make an informed choice when selecting your Primary Platform
• For more information, please read our blog post on Cross-Platform Progression
• Players who linked their existing Rocket League platforms to an Epic Games Account will also receive the 'Chopper EG' Wheels
• Epic Friends have replaced RocketID as the solution for cross-platform friends in Rocket League
• Your RocketID friends will be automatically converted into Epic Friends on your first login.
• The In-Game ...
More on: www.newsweek.com