Hunt continues for suspect in shooting of Los Angeles County deputies
Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said Wednesday, Sept. 16, that the investigation was continuing into Saturday’s ambush shooting of two deputies as they sat in a patrol SUV at a Compton rail station, and he said efforts were being made to transfer the pair from St. Francis Medical Center to a long-term care facility.
“Both deputies remain in the ICU unit there,” Villanueva said. “We’re trying to see if we can transfer them to a place where they can get long-term care, but we obviously have concerns about the COVID and security concerns, so that’s going to be an ongoing issue that we are going to have to address.”
As of Wednesday, no suspect had been identified in the attack on the deputies.
“We continue doing a very wide-scale search and investigation on who is responsible for the ambush, and we’re chasing all leads,” Villanueva said. “And right now, it’s a lot of work we have to do; and we’re not taking anything for granted.”
A GoFundMe page set up for the two deputies had raised $531,428 toward the new goal of $750,000 as of late Wednesday morning. The page, which was started by sheriff’s Detective Keegan McInnis.
The deputies, a 24-year-old man and a 31-year-old mother of a 6-year-old boy, have a long road to recovery. Both deputies were sworn in just 14 months ago.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors formally ratified a $100,000 reward offer on Tuesday. Villanueva, speaking at ...
More on: www.dailynews.com