Everyone has Facebook avatars now. Here's how to make your own
Avatars have been around for years, and now they've come to Facebook's. The social network may trail years behind Yahoo, Bitmoji and Apple's Memoji avatars, but the newest Facebook addition is filling your newsfeed with a variety of faces, hairstyles and outfits. Introduced last week, Facebook avatars let you create a cartoony character to resemble yourself, which you can use as stickers in comments, stories and Facebook Messenger.
In addition, your avatar can be used in place of your Facebook profile picture and can be used in text messages on your phone. You can also send the avatar stickers in apps like Snapchat, Twitter, Mail and Instagram.
Ready to dive in? Here's how to create your own Facebook avatar on your iPhone ($699 at Apple) or Android phone right now.
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone and tap the hamburger menu (three stacked lines). It could be in the lower right corner for iPhone and in the upper right corner for Android.
2. Scroll down and tap See More.
4. Tap Next and then Get Started.
5. Select your preferred skin tone (there are 27 options) and tap Next.
6. You'll then be instructed to choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You can select Short, Medium or Long for a variety of styles. Once you've made your selection, tap the Color icon.
7. Next, you'll move on to your avatar's Face icon, where you'll select the face shape, complexion and face lines.
8. After ...
More on: www.cnet.com